Competitive Gaming League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Competitive Gaming League

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Preventing third party program.

Go down 
+2
v3rtex7740
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Preventing third party program. Empty
PostSubject: Preventing third party program.   Preventing third party program. EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 9:01 pm

Hi, fellas !

As we all know, third party program has been one of the most significant problems in every tourneys.

Unfortunately, for now, we have not been able to provide Anti-Cheat for players.

Therefore, we would like to have your opinion and suggestion about how we overcome this problem.

One good suggestion from Decima :
Each opponent TV others, just to log out and log in PB, to prevent any injections to the game.

Tell me what you guys think ! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://cglgaming.forumotion.com
v3rtex7740

PostSubject: Re: Preventing third party program.   Preventing third party program. EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 4:13 am

TV is pointless, and someone could have more than one computer. Anyway, I don't let people TV me after watching Anger Management examine my fallout savegame directories and other random, pointless shit for like an hour.

edit- Just read the rules. If staff is watching the game, then I guess they would already have a good reason to request a TV.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Preventing third party program.   Preventing third party program. EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 4:42 am

This method of Decima, the TV isn't for finding hacks, it is done before the match is started. It is just simply to log out of player's PB then log back in to make sure that there isn't any injections to the game. I dont know if this will prevent hacks to get in the game, but instead of doing a full TV which could takes half an hour to do, this method can be done in about 2 minutes, so I think this might worth a try.

Back to top Go down
CherryColada

CherryColada

PostSubject: Re: Preventing third party program.   Preventing third party program. EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 2:29 am

i agree with decima suggestion, for make the fair league..thanks.. lol! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/CherryCoIada/videos
Skidanenko

PostSubject: Re: Preventing third party program.   Preventing third party program. EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 3:16 pm

I think referee can tv all players.... If they see smth bad..

But what is my suggestion - Everybody in tourney must record a video starting from entering pb, showing his settings in pb, and ending with finishing the tournament game. The settings of recording don't need like good quality etc. We need just to see there is no any wh, rpm hack or aimbot.. It's mb like 3 fps recording. And in the enf of the match - if opponents wants to make sure that nobody hacked - they can ask video from other team - tehy can upload to utube or just some deposit's files website.

That what I think) + tv if referee wants.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Preventing third party program.   Preventing third party program. EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 1:03 pm

Skidanenko wrote:
I think referee can tv all players.... If they see smth bad..

But what is my suggestion - Everybody in tourney must record a video starting from entering pb, showing his settings in pb, and ending with finishing the tournament game. The settings of recording don't need like good quality etc. We need just to see there is no any wh, rpm hack or aimbot.. It's mb like 3 fps recording. And in the enf of the match - if opponents wants to make sure that nobody hacked - they can ask video from other team - tehy can upload to utube or just some deposit's files website.

That what I think) + tv if referee wants.

Yes, we thought about this, recording on a really low fps won't hurt at all. Thanks for the suggestion skid ! Maybe we can try this on the next tourney.

Back to top Go down
MeViruS

PostSubject: Re: Preventing third party program.   Preventing third party program. EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 11:06 pm

The video recording will just make us lags, but good idea though,

I guess we could use that idea
Back to top Go down
Echoes

PostSubject: Re: Preventing third party program.   Preventing third party program. EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 3:04 am

Recording on a low FPS doesn't do anything to detect aimbots. There's not much point in that imo.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Preventing third party program.   Preventing third party program. EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 5:20 pm

Echoes wrote:
Recording on a low FPS doesn't do anything to detect aimbots. There's not much point in that imo.

It is true. But at least we can prevent wallhacks with this. However, I think the major problem is wallhack rather than aimbots where can be spotted quite easily compared to wallhacks.
Anyway, we tried Decima advice about TV-ing just to log out and the log back in on the last tourney to a suspicious participant, took no more than 3 minutes and it seemed giving us a good result Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preventing third party program.   Preventing third party program. Empty

Back to top Go down

Preventing third party program.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Competitive Gaming League :: Project Blackout :: General Discussion-
Jump to: